Here is a quick start guide to weight loss with the HCG diet:
Before e beginning the HCG diet you should read Dr. Simeons protocol so that you fully understand how and why the diet works. You can download a free copy at http://www.myhcgplus.com/P&I.pdf.
Phase I – Days 1-2 or 1-3 – The Load Phase
Phase one is the gorge days. This phase prepares your body and mind for the next phase of the diet. During this time you want to load up on fat so that you aren’t hungry during the first few days of phase two. This is also the time to cleanse your system with colonics if you choose to.
Start HCG drops on day 1 of 2 day phase or day 2 of 3 day phase
Some key points about drops:
· Do not eat, drink, or smoke within 15 minutes of taking the drops
· Hold drops under your tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing
· Take 3.0 ml of HCG total per day in equally spaced doses (3-6 times per day)
There is a list of high fat foods to focus on during phase one at http://www.myhcgplus.com/loadfoods.pdf
Phase 2 – Day 1-21 or up to 60 – VLCD
Phase two is the very low calorie diet phase. During this time you eat from a list of specific foods to create two meals per day. Drops should be taken just like the load days until you a nearing the end. Your last 72 hours should be the VLCD with no HCG. If you don’t allow the HCG to leave your body you will begin gaining weight as soon as you add foods not on the VLCD list in phase 3.
Some pointers for VLCD are:
· Count everything
· Look for approved recipes to give variety
· Check ingredients
· Drink at least 2L of water a day
· Be cautious of personal care items (they can absorb into your skin and impede weight loss)
· Do not begin an exercise regimen if you are not a regular exercise.
· Be cautious of supplements – they may contain sugars or starches
· Aspirin is the only approved pain reliever while on phase 2
· Do not discontinue prescription medication
There is a list of approved VLCD foods for phase two at http://www.myhcgplus.com/vlcdfoods.pdf
Phase 3 – 6 weeks immediately following VLCD – Maintenance
This is the time in which you set yourself up to maintain your weight loss while beginning to eat normally again. This phase is extremely important for keeping the weight you lost during VLCD off. You should not lose or gain more than 2 pounds during maintenance. For the first three weeks of phase 3 you eat foods containing little or no sugar or starch. You gradually introduce caution foods as you progress. The next 4 weeks are when you begin to introduce sugars and starches while monitoring any changes very closely. During maintenance you metabolism is being reset to a healthier level so follow the steps very carefully is important.
Things to remember during maintenance are:
· Caution foods should not be added until week 2
· 2 pound up or down is all the fluctuation you should experience
· A steak day can help drop if you’ve exceeded 2 pounds
· Carbs are added during week four – one per day, and during week 5 – two per day
· Weigh every day
· Do not try to loses weight during maintenance
Phase 4 – Life Phase
During phase four you can eat normally without fear of gaining back the weight you lost. You can also choose t start the diet over again if you have more weight to lose. Your body will have a new set metabolic rate and you will have a new appreciation for healthy eating. Splurging is OK as long as it’s not a regular thing. Continue to enjoy all the foods you love forever without fear.